Conference “Wind Opportunities – Green Energy Potential in Latvia”
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 11:30
The Joint Chamber Discussion ‘’Wind Opportunities – Green Energy Potential in Latvia’’ was held on the 30th of March at AC Hotel by Marriott Riga.
The event was organised jointly with Irish and Swiss Chambers of Commerce in Latvia and supported by the Wind Energy Association in Latvia and Department of International Trade of the UK (DIT).
The event gathered experts both from Latvia and UK to discuss wind energy opportunities, use of hydrogen in Latvia as well as UK experience on the topic. The Discussion will be moderated by Ansis Bogustovs.
We would like to thank our speakers for joining the discussion:
- Mr Gatis Galviņš, Member of the Board and Head of the Wind Energy Association
- Mr Aivars Starikovs, Member of the Board of the Latvian Hydrogen Association
- Mr Gunārs Valdmanis, Executive Director of the Latvian Association of Electrical Engineers and Power Construction
- Ms Krista Pētersone, energy expert at ‘’Green Freedom’’
- Prof Dagnija Blūmberga, Head of Institute of Energy Systems and Environment in Riga Technical University
- Mr Joe Stevenson, Commercial Director, Ballard Motive Solutions Ltd.
- Mr Jean-Luc Deflandre, Chief Commercial Officer, Bamford Bus Company t.a. Wrightbus
- Mr Nathan Hodge, Wrightbus
- Mr Gordon McIntosh, Director of the Aberdeen Bay Windfarm and Aberdeen Renewable Energy/Director of Enterprise, Planning and Infrastructure.
The recording from the discussion is available HERE.
Photos from the event is available HERE. Photo credits: Andrejs Djadiščevs